Monday 2 June 2014

Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Chicken

 

My whole family loved this recipe. I made a couple substitutions as I don't buy mixed seasonings because of the amount of sodium. I seasoned the chicken breasts with a little salt, pepper, paprika, thyme, onion and garlic powder. I grilled the chicken. I didn't have green onion so I used regular white onion, added garlic to the mixture. And because I didn't have provolone I ended up making an "italian" flare with fresh grated parmesan mixed into the spinach mushroom mixture and a small amount of mozzerella cheese. I also added a teaspoon of low fat sour cream to make a creamier creamed spinach type sauce to top the chicken with.

 

Ingredients

  • 3 cups fresh baby spinach
  • 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 3 green onions, sliced
  • 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
  • 1/2 teaspoon rotisserie chicken seasoning
  • 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, halved

No comments: