Thursday 5 June 2014

Broccoli Spinach Quinoa Soup



This recipe is sooo good!! I also double batched it and so glad I did! The only thing I did different was add Jalapeno and shredded carrots, as well as use half sharp cheddar and half gouda. Also, after I pureed, I added sliced roasted almonds which added a perfect amount of crunch.

    Ingredients
    • 2 tablespoons olive oil
    • 1 red onion, chopped fine
    • 1 teaspoon sea salt
    • ½ teaspoon black pepper
    • 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
    • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
    • 7 cups vegetable broth
    • 5 cups chopped broccoli
    • 1 russet potato, peeled and chopped
    • 6 ounces Spinach
    • 2 tablespoons tahini
    • 1 teaspoon sea salt (more or less to taste)
    • ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
    • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    • 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese or Daiya cheddar shreds

    No comments: